Saturday, January 28, 2012

Relax and sleep - Android App

I love this free ad-supported ambient sound mixer for Android.
I mainly use it on trains to block out annoying background noises. I am using it now because one of the doors on my grotty south east trains carriage is repeatedly trying to close itself -one of the most profoundly irritating noises known to man.

The app gives you a long list of samples each with their own volume slider for example birdsong, white noise, fog horn. I think you can select up to five at one go.

There is a timer that can either fade out (if you are using it to fall asleep at night) or sound an alarm if you are napping on a train journey and don't want to miss you station.

It's a great little number especially if you're a grumpy middle aged man who needs to control his blood pressure. The only niggles  I have with it is when manually stopping it I have to uncheck each sound (probably is a switch just haven't found it yet) and some of the sound loops aren't very smooth. But it's a five star app in my book. Try it and happy snoozing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home